Tuesday, December 25, 2007
"If God didn't hesitate to put everything on the line for us, embracing our condition and exposing himself to the worst by sending his own Son, is there anything else he wouldn't gladly and freely do for us?" (Romans 8: 32, The Message)
Have a blessed Christmas, everybody!!!
Friday, December 21, 2007
Well, I am about to confess…
You know, one of those women drivers? The ones who usually block traffic at the most obscure spots on the roads? The ones who wouldn't be able to take a proper u-turn and get stuck half way through?
I have been stuck behind them a number of times. [I am pretty good with my biking (riding my scooter, that is) skills. I am good enough to teach a lesson or two to the guys who treat me like one of those women riders.] And I have nothing but absolute disdain for those women drivers.
Well, that is not my confession really.
When I sit behind the wheel of a car, I turn into one of those women drivers… *GAK*
Thursday, December 20, 2007
Apologies to all my blogger friends who kept checking and found nothing new for a long time. I wonder how you either have the idea or the time and not both together. Anyways, this is a long overdue one. Although I am not feeling as philosophical as I did when this thought occurred to me I will put it here.
There used to be this sparrow that visited my granddad's house. There was a mirror above the front door and this sparrow used to perch itself in front of the mirror and peck. Peck at its image... at its reflection. Peck and peck and peck. We children (my cousins and I) used to watch it in awe. And with some sort of expectation. We used to have theories about how the sparrow will go on pecking till it broke its beak. (I don't remember seeing a sparrow break its beak. Probably it got tired and flew away.)
I sometimes wonder if we are like that sparrow. We look at ourselves, we try to understand us and to reach out to the person in the mirror. So close, yet so far. What separates us is but a thin layer of glass, but oh, how we think. Day after day, we seek, we search and we try to understand.
I imagine that the sparrow was happier when it flew away. Just flitting about, collecting food and twigs, building a nest, loving its mate and taking care of its baby. It must have been happier when it was just being what it was.
It is not difficult for us to know, to understand and even to behold, but so very difficult just to be…
Tuesday, December 04, 2007
At the moment, I am longing to swap a couple of tiles and pass my turn. *sigh*
Saturday, December 01, 2007
Sandy at Writing in Faith rescued me by tagging me for the 7 Things About Me meme. This shouldn't be difficult at all.
Here are the rules:
*Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
*Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
*Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
*Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
1. I don't care much for ice-cream. Whereas chocolate is a whole different story.
2. Only recently did I start reading Tamil fiction. Prior to this, most of my Tamil reading was done in school - only as part of my lessons. I started to read Tamil again because I was losing reading speed and my vocabulary was shrinking.
3. I don't mostly step out on Saturdays. It is my day in. I usually get out only in the evenings.
4. I've been in India all my life and I still haven't seen the Taj Mahal. However, that is not unusual. And I am not longing to see it either. I am more eager to see the Himalayas.
5. I'm more a mountain person than beach/sea person.
6. I do NOT like shopping. The only kinda shopping that I enjoy is book shopping.
7. I love riding the Chennai suburban trains. From what I hear of it, I don't think I would enjoy the Mumbai suburb though.
I am sticking to 7 points this time and not doing my usual 11.
The 7 people I tag are:
Krithi at Grass Grows
Zip at Hmmm
Ruki at Year 26 is here!